Welcome to the research blog of the Pat Reed Group at Penn State. Here is a list of some important posts, especially from the beginning of this blog.
This particular page is not updated often, so please use the “search” box on the right hand side of the page for topics of interest. If there’s something you’d like to see, please contact us and we will try to write about it.
Also, there is generally no software posted on the blog. Please consult the group website, MOEAFramework.org, and BorgMOEA.org for more info on current software projects. However, tips on “training” and using the software will appear on this blog. New users of MOEAFramework may want to check out the Setup Guide for information about how to connect an external problem to the framework.
A new feature we’re trying out is a channel of short YouTube videos on some concepts covered here. Check it out!
Basic Group Training
- A list of things to learn
- Defining Objectives, Decisions, Constraints
- MOEA Terminology and reading about MOEAs
- Software to Install on PCs — Notes on Using a Mac — Installing Linux on a Virtual Machine
- The Cluster and Basic Unix Commands
- Learning C++: Thoughts by Joe — Thoughts By Matt — An Introductory C++ Exercise
- AeroVis Documentation — Making Animations in AeroVis — Making a Static Figure in AeroVis
- Sobol Sensitivity Analysis
- Introduction to LaTeX — Free LaTeX and Bibliography Software
Research Tips and Tricks
- Code Samples: Modifying AeroVis files using Matlab — Timing Functions for C++
- Helpful Software: Profiling using gprof — File Managers — Comparing Files and Directories