A while back, Jon published a set of Matlab plotting examples on GitHub. I’m not sure if this has been publicized yet — I couldn’t find it with a quick search of the blog, so it couldn’t hurt to publicize it again!
I’ve started adding my own Python/Matplotlib equivalents to Jon’s Matlab examples, in the hopes of turning this into a comprehensive library of basic plotting examples. I’m not done yet, but I’ll add more as time permits. I take requests, so if there’s anything you’d like to see, please leave a note in the comments.
Here’s a quick list of what’s there now:
- line plots (Matlab and Python)
- line plots with shading between curves (Python)
- stacked area plots (Matlab)
- animated gifs like the one from Jon’s recent post (Matlab and Python)
- histograms and cdf plots (Matlab)
- parallel coordinate plots (Matlab)
- gridded data contour and surface plots (Matlab and Python)
- scatter plots (Matlab and Python)
- non-gridded data contour plots (Matlab and Python)